29 July 2014

A Brief Update

I should really be studying for my final exams right now so I'll make this quick.  After some intense studying yesterday (Monday), I went to REMA for the very last REMA-nday.  It was a sad day but the arm-fulls of junk food I came back with made me feel better.

The most recent news I've read on the terrorist threat against Norway is that the threat level is slightly reduced.  As far as I know, there hasn't been an official reduction of the threat level so there are still many security officers posted at all of the border crossings, airports, and other transport hubs; but things are at least looking better than when the threat was first announced last Thursday.  One article I read said authorities thought the attack was supposed to happen yesterday (Monday 28/7), following the end of Ramadan.  If it was supposed to happen yesterday, then the government's strategy of releasing the information to the public may have achieved its purpose of deterring the terrorists from fulfilling their plan.  Still, we should maintain vigilance as we go about our day-to-day lives.

I'd like to say more but I really need to get back to studying.  I'll probably only get one more post in before the end of ISS and I already have most of it written so be on the look-out for that either tomorrow or Thursday... probably Thursday.  Stay tuned.  -NLD

No comments:

Post a Comment