08 July 2014

The Heat is On!

REMA! REMA! REMA!  REMA 1000 -- now featured weekly! 
(Coming to a side-street near you, no time soon.) 

How was that for an intro?  REMA should pay me or something for all the free advertising I'm giving them on this blog.  Once again, this Monday -- or "REMAnday" as I now like to call it -- my friends and I took another trip to REMA to purchase the necessities of survival for life before midterms: cookies, chocolate, strawberries, chips, gummy candy, and ice cream.  Going on late-night REMAnday excursions seems to have become somewhat of a custom amidst my friend group.

(Insert cool-as-beans transition here)

It's been unusually warm in Oslo the past few days.  It isn't particularly hot by the Midwestern standards of my youth, but for some reason the hot, sticky air is getting to me.  It's not so bad outside when there's a breeze but inside the poorly ventilated dorms or over-crowded lunch room is uncomfortable, to say the least.  Factor in everyone running around like chickens with their heads cut off, trying to get ready for exams or final projects or long-weekend trips, and you've got yourself a recipe for a sweaty, sloppy mess.

I'd like to say more about my classes and other goings on and make what I've already said sound better but my brain is fried from all the Norwegian history I've ingested in the past 15 hours and I really need to be getting to bed so I'm well rested for my midterm tomorrow (Wednesday) morning at 8:15.  I apologise for the short post right before a four day hiatus but you can look forward to reading all about my trip to London when I return this Saturday.  Stay tuned.  - NLD

No comments:

Post a Comment